+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help with NOC verification. Fibre-optic network design under 2147

BluFlyBoy

Oct 27, 2018
Greetings everyone,

I’m trying to confirm my work experience falls under the correct NOC 2147. It lists a role “fibre-optic network design”. I have 1 year 8 months experience as a ISP/OSP Fiber Engineer at a startup in the USA. I have a signed work reference the HR official at the company I worked for at describing the nature of my job. I want to make sure that I have the right NOC when I apply for the express entry PR through the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Thank you for your consideration.

Below is what HR listed as my work functions. Do you feel this meets the requirements of a fibre optic network designer?

Created design documents for installation of large-scale LAN and WAN networks.
● Documents redline changes to fiber optic engineering designs; managing the change control process; and provide as-built drawings and test data for the finished project.
● Provided engineering and technical expertise on structured cabling and infrastructure pathway installation projects. Surveys facilities and designs site, specific schematics; bill of materials; and subsequent construction drawings.
● Working knowledge of vendor equipment: Adtran, Calix, Fujitsu, Optilean, Ciena,RAD, Cisco switches
● Manage the production of detailed fiber level designs associated with budgeted customer and network projects.
● Generate/review fiber splicing documents.
● Generate and review construction documents for a design.
● Design copper and fiber optic facilities in all applications, including; Aerial, Underground and Buried.
● Assist with the high-level Google Earth design to plan fiber and copper routes for residential and business clients