+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me

hally

Nov 23, 2007
my husband already sent our immigration papper in canada 3 weeks ago but since he send that papper until now no call from immigration please anyone who already pass this stage or some one who know good about this is it common like that???and since when we can count that 30 until 45 days said that they will do my husband part as sponsor there or they will call when they finish with that,but they should give like document number for our papper or i really dont know...plase any one who can give any information about this stage,how ussually it goes,thanx u very much

hally

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Hally... deep breaths and relax :)

Upon receiving the application your husband sent in, it will take 30-45 days before CIC reaches their decision regarding sponsoring. Only after they approve or deny the application will they contact you, and it will be by mail. The only reason why you'd get a phone call is if the person processing your application has a specific question they need you to answer, or perhaps they want to request something else from you as part of the application. When you get that letter in the mail with your sponsorship approval, it'll have your Client ID number for you to reference for the remainder of the application process (when your application gets sent to the overseas visa office to handle it).

So for now, there's nothing wrong with not hearing anything from CIC. Within a few weeks or so, you should receive a letter in the mail.

CVuser1947

Sep 17, 2006
check this link for application process in canada which is 38 days for spouse or common law,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

CVuser1947

Sep 17, 2006
they will confirm by sending your husband a reciept in a mail, it will include the case number on the back of the reciept.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
my husband didnt receive a receipt ion the mail, the only correspondance he heard was the approval of sponsorship and nothing from cic since then, ive gotten all communications since the approval of sponsarship.