+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with my confusion

R

Rinata

I am little bit confusing here with applying my permanent resident in Canada. I came here as a social workers which is working wit non profit organization and I don't get pay according to premium wages in canada. I have been here for 2 years and I have 3 years commitment. I am interested on staying Canada and want to apply my permanent resident but I have little bit problem here with the organization that I work with that they aren't allowed us to come here and seeking for staying here but we have to go back after finish our contract with them. So Can I apply while I am here and still working with them as long as I know that I don't have problem with the immigration of Canada. Please help me with some idea, very much appreciated.

R

Rinata

Yes I do have a social workers permit but the funny thing my employer doesn't want me to apply for permanent resident while I am here. The want me to go back then apply it so doesn't make any sense because I can apply here while I am here as long as I don't have problem with the immigration.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a valid work permit as a social worker for the last 2 years, then you can apply for your PR under Canadian experience class. You do not even have to tell your employer about it. I do not know why they would not want you to apply for PR while you are still in Canada. Maybe they don't like it because once you get your PR, you don't need them anymore and can go work somewhere else.

R

Rinata

Thank you very much, now I am glad that I have a encouragement from you. Many bless to you and have a great day.