+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me verify the suitability of this my work experience for express entry

Johnny_jj

Nov 4, 2019
Between 2016 and 2017, i had an extra year at the university, offering just two courses in the whole academic session ( a total of two credit units).
That means i had only four hours of lectures once a week.

As such, i had excess free time to work. I was therefore engaged in a job that period, working 26 hours per week.

Please does this work experience qualify for express entry?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Between 2016 and 2017, i had an extra year at the university, offering just two courses in the whole academic session ( a total of two credit units).
That means i had only four hours of lectures once a week.

As such, i had excess free time to work. I was therefore engaged in a job that period, working 26 hours per week.

Please does this work experience qualify for express entry?
As long as the work experience accrued is not Canadian and are supported by reference letters, you can claim part-time experience for the job you did while you were in college.

Reactions: Johnny_jj

Johnny_jj

Nov 4, 2019
As long as the work experience accrued is not Canadian and are supported by reference letters, you can claim part-time experience for the job you did while you were in college.
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I greatly appreciate.

Pls one last question, will it be safe to use the 26hrs per week, i worked to calculate my points?
Or is that number of hours too much for a part-time job?

eept

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
If you will claim that, you have to make sure that your duties and responsibilities would fall under the NOC that you are applying for.

It might be harder to explain the job duties on that part time job if you are working towards achieving your bachelors. With masters/ phd, I guess that should be fine!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I greatly appreciate.

Pls one last question, will it be safe to use the 26hrs per week, i worked to calculate my points?
Or is that number of hours too much for a part-time job?
Yes. Your points will be calculated accordingly. You need 30 hours a week or 1560 hours a year to be considered as full-time, in your case, when your job crossed 1560 hours, it will be considered 1 year or when it cross 780 hours, it will be considered 6 months and so on.

Johnny_jj

Nov 4, 2019
Yes. Your points will be calculated accordingly. You need 30 hours a week or 1560 hours a year to be considered as full-time, in your case, when your job crossed 1560 hours, it will be considered 1 year or when it cross 780 hours, it will be considered 6 months and so on.
Thanks a million