+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me, Can I move to Quebec when I'm waiting for pr (during the processing time)?

mary_msh

Nov 4, 2021
I want to apply for pr outside of Quebec and then I have to move to Quebec. Can I move to Quebec still during the pr processing time?

really appreciate you

mary_msh

Nov 4, 2021
If I have to go there then what happened to me? :)
Actually, I do not have a choice right now. If my pr application is rejected, how can I apply for pr again?

mary_msh

Nov 4, 2021
Which program is your application under right now?
I did not apply yet. I have a master degree from Canada and will have a one-year full-time job experience until Jan in Canada. I'm worried a lot! I wanted to apply through express entry (Canada Express Entry).

miguelca

May 6, 2021
If you want to apply using Express Entry then you can’t settle in Quebec.

If you read the forums, everybody will say that you need to move out Quebec before applying for EE so you can have better chances of going smoothly.
You can still apply inside Quebec, but you really have to convince the officer you will be moving out of Quebec once you get your PR. Higher risk of getting a refusal.

But already with your info:
Out of Quebec
Moving to Quebec
Applying for CEC

It does not look like you dont have the intention of not staying in Quebec.

mary_msh

Nov 4, 2021
If you want to apply using Express Entry then you can’t settle in Quebec.

If you read the forums, everybody will say that you need to move out Quebec before applying for EE so you can have better chances of going smoothly.
You can still apply inside Quebec, but you really have to convince the officer you will be moving out of Quebec once you get your PR. Higher risk of getting a refusal.

But already with your info:
Out of Quebec
Moving to Quebec
Applying for CEC

It does not look like you dont have the intention of not staying in Quebec.
Thanks a lot for answering me.
My situation is:
Out of Quebec,
Applying for CEC
after a few months moving to Quebec for PhD

Does it make more sense?

Actually, I'm not sure if I want to stay/live in Quebec permanently. In this case, how can I prove that I'm not planning to stay in Quebec? I can also study remotely for a while if it works but maybe not as long as the pr processing time.
What about if I keep my address in my current city in the pr application and do not change it?