+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me...ㅠㅠ Question about IMM5406E and IMM5285E

whlee27

Sep 18, 2013
Hello,

My husband is Permanent resident in Canada and we married couple of month ago.
I am now filling the IMM5406 and not clear with Section A.

IMM 5406E...
My dad passed away when I was young and My mom haven't got married since he's gone.
1. What should I fill Martial Status for my mom. Maybe 'Widow' or 'Single'??
2. Should I fill out Father section as well even he passed away?

IMM 5285E /Question #12. On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.
1. What should I summit? I think only I can proof is Joint account. Is there some other general things that I can proof of that question?

Thanks for your help ;D

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Yes, you fill out the information for both your mother and your father. Marital status for your mother would be "widow" and for your father I'd just put "deceased".

Where they ask for any additional details of your current relationship they want to see all the evidence that your relationship is genuine, that it is continuing, and as much relevant documentary proof of this as possible (without overdoing things). Showing a joint bank account is good but you need much more evidence than this. The officer who will process your application does not know you so you need to prove that you are in a genuine relationship. There's a lot of ideas for this around the forum so search for "relationship proof".

Hope this helps.

whlee27

Sep 18, 2013
Catou said:
Yes, you fill out the information for both your mother and your father. Marital status for your mother would be "widow" and for your father I'd just put "deceased".

Where they ask for any additional details of your current relationship they want to see all the evidence that your relationship is genuine, that it is continuing, and as much relevant documentary proof of this as possible (without overdoing things). Showing a joint bank account is good but you need much more evidence than this. The officer who will process your application does not know you so you need to prove that you are in a genuine relationship. There's a lot of ideas for this around the forum so search for "relationship proof".

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU :)