+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!!! Landing with IEC while FSW PR is processing!

geordie86

Mar 12, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
August 12th 2010
Hey Guys,

I have exhausted my resources trying to find the answer to this and came up fruitless, so hopefully someone on here can help!

Basically I am in the UK, and applied for Federal Skilled Worker visa last year, and it is currently in Londons hands awaiting the next stage (hopefully medical request!)...it is still within the 13month timeline, and if it remains there should be PR by September 2011.

My partner is a Canadian citizen who is moving back to Canada this summer, and I am wanting to go with her. I have applied and been accepted for the IEC visa, but i am worried what happens if I land this summer with that visa?

Am I able to change my FSW application to 'in Canada' or what do I have to do with that visa? I obviously want to keep the FSW application as it gives me PR!!

Also Guys we dont want to get married just quite yet for you looking for the easy option ;)

If anyone has any experience of this please please share your thoughts!! :)

Thank you so much for your help! :thumbsup:

sarahE

Jun 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 21st Oct 2010 2nd AOR June 2011
geordie86 said:
Hey Guys,

I have exhausted my resources trying to find the answer to this and came up fruitless, so hopefully someone on here can help!

Basically I am in the UK, and applied for Federal Skilled Worker visa last year, and it is currently in Londons hands awaiting the next stage (hopefully medical request!)...it is still within the 13month timeline, and if it remains there should be PR by September 2011.

My partner is a Canadian citizen who is moving back to Canada this summer, and I am wanting to go with her. I have applied and been accepted for the IEC visa, but i am worried what happens if I land this summer with that visa?

Am I able to change my FSW application to 'in Canada' or what do I have to do with that visa? I obviously want to keep the FSW application as it gives me PR!!

Also Guys we dont want to get married just quite yet for you looking for the easy option ;)

If anyone has any experience of this please please share your thoughts!! :)

Thank you so much for your help! :thumbsup:
Hi there,

I see you posted this a long time ago so may not see this, but im in a similar position...applied for PR in May 2010 and fed up of the wait so planning on applying for an IEC visa when the applications open hopefully this month. Just wondering how it worked out for you?

Thanks for your help!

Sarah (a fellow geordie!)