+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help ++++++++ Change in my marital status +++++++

David 555

Aug 2, 2010
Hi everybody,

In 2006 I applied for Federal Skilled Worker and sent my application to Damascus. Recently they have transferred my file to the Warsaw office. But I have not received any letter or anything so far. I have a couple of question and will appreciate if somebody can help me.

In 2006 when I applied I had 69 points which was enough to be qualified (minimum was 67 points). At the time I was married and my spouse had a university degree so I got 4 points for her education. However, last year we separated. Therefore, I will not receive the 4 points for my spouse education anymore. This means now without the 4 points I will have only 65 points which is under the minimum requirement (67 points).

Now my questions:

Question 1) Is there any way I can get a few more points from other sections to cover the 4 missing points for my spouse education? For example by improving my language skills from moderate which has 8 point to High and get 12 points? Do you think the extra points from Language Proficiency can cover my 4 missing point for my spouse education?

Question 2) I have not informed them of the change in my marital status. I thought maybe it was better to inform them when they would ask me for an update.... Any ideas on this? Do you think that is OK with them?

I hope somebody knows the answers to my questions. I thank you very much for your time and consideration.

All the best

David

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi David. I am no expert, but I don't think you would have any trouble increasing your IELTS score from the way you have written this post! In order to reach 67 you only have to increase by 2 points, though everyone I've heard says set your sights and aim high. Did you already have the full points for 4 years of work experience, or has that also increased? Good Luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to tell them that you separated until they ask for your full documents and at that time, you can have a new IELTS and perhaps more work experience to cover the points you got because of your wife.

David 555

Aug 2, 2010
Pippin said:
Hi David. I am no expert, but I don't think you would have any trouble increasing your IELTS score from the way you have written this post! In order to reach 67 you only have to increase by 2 points, though everyone I've heard says set your sights and aim high. Did you already have the full points for 4 years of work experience, or has that also increased? Good Luck.
Hi Pippin,

Thank you for your opinions and advice. I appreciate it. Yes already I have the full points for more than 4 years of work experience. The only areas I can get more points are Language Skills and also Having a Job Offer. I don't know how difficult would be to get a job offer to have a few more points....

Again thank you for your help

David

David 555

Aug 2, 2010
Leon said:
You don't have to tell them that you separated until they ask for your full documents and at that time, you can have a new IELTS and perhaps more work experience to cover the points you got because of your wife.
Hi Leon,

Thank you for your opinions and advice. I appreciate it. I got the full points for work experience. (more than 4 years). I guess I need to increase my points by getting better marks from IELTS or finding somebody who can help me with a job offer.

Thank you very much for your help

David

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi David 555,

You can increase your points by learning French Language. This will also help you get more points.