+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!!!! Can I leave Canada after submitting common law PR?

Wummyu

Apr 29, 2024
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback, thank you!

I (applicant) submitted the inland common law application on April 22. But I want to go back to my home country to visit family for 2 month (June to August). Would my application be cancelled or rejected? I'm especially worried about giving biometrics and medical exam as I only have 30 days after receiving the letter.

Should I leave a web form informing the IRCC about me leaving Canada and giving proof that I will return with plane tickets and housing lease starting in August 2024?

I'm not too worried about re-entry, as I have a study permit until 2025 and visitor visa ending in 2029. 1 understand the chance of being rejected to entry is possible tho.

Thank you again in advance to anyone who would help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback, thank you!

I (applicant) submitted the inland common law application on April 22. But I want to go back to my home country to visit family for 2 month (June to August). Would my application be cancelled or rejected? I'm especially worried about giving biometrics and medical exam as I only have 30 days after receiving the letter.

Should I leave a web form informing the IRCC about me leaving Canada and giving proof that I will return with plane tickets and housing lease starting in August 2024?

I'm not too worried about re-entry, as I have a study permit until 2025 and visitor visa ending in 2029. 1 understand the chance of being rejected to entry is possible tho.

Thank you again in advance to anyone who would help.

You are required to continue cohabitating with your common law partner while an inland application is being processed. It's recommended to keep your trip to 3 weeks.

If you want to be able to leave Canada for several months, then consider withdrawing the inland application and submitting an outland application. That will be the best option if the visit is a priority.