+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please estimate my chances to get visa.

vaskathecat

Nov 29, 2013
I'm applying to college for Electrical Engineering program.
My plan is to start English program in September, which lasts four months. After I finish it, I'll start academic program in January.

About Me:

I'm married and have two kids. I want to go alone, without my family, at least for a year.
My university diploma is municipal management. Work experience is working in a company which maintains electromechanical equipment. Now I'm not working. I have some real estate and land plots of my own. Going to show $50k for study.
Have no proof of English proficiency such a IELTS, etc. That's why I'm taking English course before the main program starts.

Is there anything wrong with my plan?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You elected program, is it a bachelor degree? 4 years? How much is tuition? You have to have tuition for all 4 yrs then +$10000 x 4 years for living expenses. You have show enough money for the first year and then either other money in savings or a cash flow from reliable source. Also do not forget that you have to prove that you family will have enough money to live without you. You cannot say right now @and then I am going to take them to Canada"? There is no guarantee that they will be allowed to come. So think ahead what will you do in such a case scenario? And how could you explain to VO that you are ready to leave them for 4,5 years?

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
vaskathecat said:
I'm applying to college for Electrical Engineering program.
My plan is to start English program in September, which lasts four months. After I finish it, I'll start academic program in January.

About Me:

I'm married and have two kids. I want to go alone, without my family, at least for a year.
My university diploma is municipal management. Work experience is working in a company which maintains electromechanical equipment. Now I'm not working. I have some real estate and land plots of my own. Going to show $50k for study.
Have no proof of English proficiency such a IELTS, etc. That's why I'm taking English course before the main program starts.

Is there anything wrong with my plan?
Looks okay to me but do pay heed to the points mentioned by Regina. In case you are interested in saving money, I would suggest taking up the IELTS instead of joining an English program. Your English seems to be quite good, and going by the content above, I think you should be able to score close to band 7 or maybe more with about one full week's preparation (5-6 hours a day). Doing an English language course in Canada may cost you a bomb, as compared to the relatively miniscule fee of $150 for the IELTS. Good luck!

vaskathecat

Nov 29, 2013
Regina said:
You elected program, is it a bachelor degree? 4 years? How much is tuition? You have to have tuition for all 4 yrs then +$10000 x 4 years for living expenses. You have show enough money for the first year and then either other money in savings or a cash flow from reliable source. Also do not forget that you have to prove that you family will have enough money to live without you. You cannot say right now @ and then I am going to take them to Canada"? There is no guarantee that they will be allowed to come. So think ahead what will you do in such a case scenario? And how could you explain to VO that you are ready to leave them for 4,5 years?
Thank you guys for helping

This is 2.5 year program
Fee is $12000 per year

How will I show that I have money after 1 year of study?
Does it mean that I have to show the required amount to study and live for 2.5 years?
I'm a little confused about how much money to show: whether for 1 year or for whole 2.5 year term.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course you have to convince VO that you have anough money for 1 year and for another 1,5. You may have enaough for 1 year right now but then you have to prove that you will have another portion from some source. VO wants to be sure that you have enough money for 2,5 yrs and not just for 1 year and then what ?"God knows when and how you will get them if ever"?

So you have to show $12000 + 10000 for 1s yr, and $22000 for another. So, your $50 000 is enough. BUT does your family have an income to live on?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whether for 1 year or for whole 2.5 year term.
When you fill in a form, you show tution cost and living expenses for 1 year. + ALL all your money that you have for studing (the same form). But you have to back up that amount with bank statment/investments/business income etc.