+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please any one can helping me with my case.

Hani95

Feb 8, 2009
Hi friends

Thank you for helping me with my case.
I’m intend to apply for migration to Canada as a skilled worker.
I’m graduated with B.Sc. degree in civil engineering ( NOC 2131 ) and after that I finished the Higher Diploma (witch is one year studying after college ) and this degree related to the geotechnical engineering ( piles engineering ).
I have about 8 years of experience in civil engineering and around 2 years of experience in a Consultant Company, my duties in this period related to geotechnical engineering.
Can I apply for migration to Canada under skilled worker under NOC 2144 ?.

Thank you

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Hani95 said:
Hi friends

Thank you for helping me with my case.
I'm intend to apply for migration to Canada as a skilled worker.
I'm graduated with B.Sc. degree in civil engineering ( NOC 2131 ) and after that I finished the Higher Diploma (witch is one year studying after college ) and this degree related to the geotechnical engineering ( piles engineering ).
I have about 8 years of experience in civil engineering and around 2 years of experience in a Consultant Company, my duties in this period related to geotechnical engineering.
Can I apply for migration to Canada under skilled worker under NOC 2144 ?.

Thank you
- If your profession is in the 38 job category of CIC then ofcourse you can apply for permanent residency. For more information visit CIC website.
Thank you.

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.

2131 is not in the skilled worker category.
you can apply under 2144
if your job functions match those mentioned below ( taken from cic website)

Main duties
Geological engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

* Plan, develop and co-ordinate programs of geotechnical, geological, geophysical or geohydrological data acquisition, analysis and mapping to assist in the development of civil engineering, mining, petroleum and waste management projects or for regional development
* Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for construction or improvements to foundations of civil engineering projects such as rock excavation, pressure grouting and hydraulic channel erosion control
* Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports on settlement of buildings, stability of slopes and fills, and probable effects of landslides and earthquakes to support construction and civil engineering projects
* Conduct theoretical and applied study of groundwater flow and contamination and develop prescriptions for site selection, treatment and construction
* Plan, develop, co-ordinate and conduct theoretical and experimental studies in mining exploration, mine evaluation and feasibility studies relative to the mining industry
* Conduct surveys and studies of ore deposits, ore reserve calculations and mine design
* Design, develop and implement computer applications for geophysics, geochemistry, geology, mapping and related fields
* Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists.

I think that should suffice.

Hani95

Feb 8, 2009
thank you so much

but what about the degree
do I have to have a spcial college degree to submit under NOC 2144?.

thank you

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Hani95 said:
thank you so much

but what about the degree
do I have to have a spcial college degree to submit under NOC 2144?.

thank you

hi....

Is there something like a bachelors in geological engineering............If there is so you would need that bachelors. But if it does not exist and is a superspeciality then in that case your civil engineering degree with specialization in geological field would be sufficient.

I think you should be able to qualify under 2144.