+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise!

fatcat006

Mar 26, 2009
I have a simple question. Our family moved to Canada in 2005 under the Business Class (Entrepreneur). My father was the principal applicant and was supposed to meet a few conditions including owning 33.33% of a business and providing employment to a Canadian for at least a year. I was a dependent when I came and have moved away from the family since. I don't know whether my father has fulfilled those conditions or not. Are they going to affect me? I am planning to apply for citizenship soon. I don't live with him and have no contact with him, he re-married!
Do his not meeting conditions affect me in any way?

Your reply will be appreciated!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the conditions will only apply to your father but call CIC and ask if you want to make sure.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I think the conditions will only apply to your father but call CIC and ask if you want to make sure.
Nope, they apply to the whole family , if the principle doesn't meet the conditions and a removal order is issued, it applies to the dependents included in the application as well.

Here is one example http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=Entrepreneur&language=en&searchTitle=Federal+-+Immigration+and+Refugee+Board+of+Canada&path=/en/ca/irb/doc/2007/2007canlii70009/2007canlii70009.html

Although the appeal was won, note the dependents were included in the original order.

Search CanLII for "entrepreneur"

PMM