+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Advice

pals4ram

Jan 28, 2011
Dear Friends,

Can someone kindly please provide more inofirmation on the below two items :

1.I am on a two years closed work permit which would get expire by June 2011. In the mean time I am planning to sponsor my family in Febraury, will there will be any issue in sponsiring as my WP will expire in June.

2.In December 2010, I have applied for my PR Under Federal Skilled Worker Program.
--- Will this be an issue for my family sponsorship
--- How long the whole PR process will take atleast when can I expect my File No.

Thanks In Advance,

Regards,
pals

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pals4ram said:
Dear Friends,

Can someone kindly please provide more inofirmation on the below two items :

1.I am on a two years closed work permit which would get expire by June 2011. In the mean time I am planning to sponsor my family in Febraury, will there will be any issue in sponsiring as my WP will expire in June.

2.In December 2010, I have applied for my PR Under Federal Skilled Worker Program.
--- Will this be an issue for my family sponsorship
--- How long the whole PR process will take atleast when can I expect my File No.

Thanks In Advance,

Regards,
pals
1. You can't "sponsor" your family as a foreign worker. So I'm assuming you are working in a skilled position and your family is applying to join you.
2. Which category for FSW did you apply under? If it was category 2, you are aware that your work permit needs to be valid at the time the PR is issued? It's currently taking 4 to 5 months for CIO Sydney to give first stage approval and forward files to visa posts responsible for processing. If you applied in December you can expect your file to reach the visa post by April or May. Then you check the processing times from there.