+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advice me

virgo2009

May 16, 2009
Hello All,

I really need your advise . I found a employer who is willing to apply for me work permit as Customer assistant.

My question is after working in CANADA for 6 months or more as Work permit holder , can i apply for PR.
OR this there any way i can apply for PR while working as Customer Service.

Hope to hear from you soon .

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The answer is no

you have to work at least for 2 years full time paid work legally and it has to be skilled work experience that is recognized and accepted by the National Occupational Classification in canada (NOC) under skill type 0 or skill level A or skill level B only.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/html/Matrix.html

That case applies if you want to immigrate under the (canadian experience class) category.

benoy

May 20, 2009
I think there is no link between your work permit and PR. you can apply for PR anyway, in 'Skilled Worker class'. If you are in Canada as Temporary resident, as work permit holder, you can apply in Buffalo, US.

However, there is a special class called 'Canadian Experience Class' of PR application, which requires atleast 2 years full time canadian work experience in special NOC categories.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't know your situation exactly if you are eligible to immigrate under the skilled workers class within category number 3 ( students or workers who are legally residing in Canadafor at least 12 months immediately before submitting their application) because even if you are able to get work permit for one year in canada, this will make you eligible to apply under that category FSW but if you don't meet the six selection factors your applicatin will be refused at the second stage without refund.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

the second thing is to be aware of the period of time that you will spend in canada legally :

it means that if you are an international student or foreign worker who has been living in canada legally for one year you also have to prove that you are still residing in canada legally, because if you leave canada your application will be canceled simply because they will process your application at buffalo NY. not at the visa office responsible on your country of nationality, therefore, make sure if you are eligible, that you have enough time to stay legaly in canada while they will be processing your application.

"Note: Eligibility as a temporary foreign worker or international student is not limited to holders of work or
study permits. Applicants can meet the above eligibility requirement simply with evidence that their
authorized period of stay has been at least one year, that throughout this period they have been
temporary foreign workers or international students, and that they are still in Canada. For international
students, it is sufficient to have studied for one academic year (i.e. two terms or semesters) during
one year of legal residence"

"Persons in Canada who have been studying or working here throughout a one-year period, during
which they were also subject to an unenforced removal order, are not legally residing in Canada.
Their applications are not eligible for placement into processing under Ministerial Instructions."

"Evidence of their authorized stay may include: an entry stamp in their passport, a temporary resident
record, a work permit, or a study permit. Evidence of being a temporary foreign worker or
international student may include: letters from employers or schools, records of pay, attendance,
report cards, transcripts, etc. Evidence of being in Canada may include a residential address and
correspondence sent to that address. These examples of evidence are neither exhaustive nor
exclusive."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

page 16

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I think there is no link between your work permit and PR. you can apply for PR anyway, in 'Skilled Worker class'. If you are in Canada as Temporary resident, as work permit holder, you can apply in Buffalo, US.

However, there is a special class called 'Canadian Experience Class' of PR application, which requires atleast 2 years full time canadian work experience in special NOC categories.
1 year is also for CEC