+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plans of marriage and moving to Canada

faranglovva

Jul 12, 2015
I meet my Canadian fiancee on a dating site in June 2014. We meet in Davao City, Philippines for the first time in August 2014. I felt great connection with him and he propose to me 3 months later. I was having a pending annulment case with my ex-wife during that time which he knowed about. I'm a post-op transsexual female and I had ex-wife and a 1 son which lives in my parents in the Philippines.

Now the annulment finally done. I'm ready to marry again. Is that something that the Immigration will finds fishy? Fiancee and I love each other and want to live together in Canada so of course marrying would be best? Fiancee also has no problem if my son want to come with me who is 9 years old.

Should I bother applying for Canadian tourist visa? I got denied for tourist visa in Canada in 2013. I still have valid tourist visa to the US until February 2016 and my son also have. It will be great to meet my fiancee's family and friends if I can come to Canada if we get married there.

One more concern was I was charged with possession of marijuana in Thailand back in 2004. I had work there from 2001 until 2004. I only paid fine. No prison. Will this gonna caused a problem?

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
faranglovva said:
Now the annulment finally done. I'm ready to marry again. Is that something that the Immigration will finds fishy? Fiancee and I love each other and want to live together in Canada so of course marrying would be best? Fiancee also has no problem if my son want to come with me who is 9 years old.
Not ordinarily, but CIC may question the development of your relationship. CIC takes a dim view of cases of marriage fraud, so they treat new relationships skeptically. Expect to include more than the average amount of proof that you and your spouse have integrated your lives as much as is possible given your circumstances.

One more concern was I was charged with possession of marijuana in Thailand back in 2004. I had work there from 2001 until 2004. I only paid fine. No prison. Will this gonna caused a problem?
Yes. The criminal conviction renders you potentially inadmissible to Canada. The minor nature of the offense notwithstanding, it is still a criminal one in Canada. The age of the possession charge works in your favour and it appears that you might qualify for rehabilitation, but this will complicate your process because CIC will undertake a more substantial review.