+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pinoy's plight

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hi all,

First off, im a Filipino, one among the many who aspire to be in Canada. I am in Canada now... and heres how it happened...

I filed my application for permanent residency at the Canadian Embassy - Manila in November of 2004. Sometime in january of 2005, I got a letter from the CIC acknowledging receipt of my application.Then, nothing..... In 2008, i got another (2nd) letter saying they are now ready to formally process my application, for me to confirm my intent to pursue, and for me wait for their advise as to when i can update my original application. I wrote them back saying yes, i am still interested and that I would gladly submit documents that they might need. I have not heard from them since.

On the latter part of 2008, i got a job offer from a company in saskatchewan. Ive decided to accept the offer using the dual intent provision of Canada's Immigration program and in October of 2009, i landed in Canada on a working visa.

I am planning to apply for the Provincial nominee program hoping this will finally grant me that elusive PR and until then, I am keeping the faith. So, whats your story?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi there,

Long journey that still landed you to where you want to be :) Congratulations. Anyway, may I know the type of job you landed in Saskatchewan? Hope it is okay. Thanks.

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
thanks job seeker! yeah, i guess you can say that. I work as a welder dito sa saskatchewan. how about you?