+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot license with a Temporary Resident Permit

live4film

May 17, 2018
I've been in Canada for a little over 4 years now, and have been renewing my permit every 2 years. I'd like to get my recreational or private pilot license. My work permit says I cannot take any professional, vocational or educational classes. To what extent does that apply? I am here in BC, just working, which is what my permit is for. I only want to get my pilot license as a hobby and curiosity, not as a profession or new career path. Can I get at least the recreational license? Or am I completely out of luck?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

worriedadhd

May 7, 2020
Hi live4film did you ever get a proper response or start flight school? I'm in the exact same situation. I want to learn how to fly just as a hobby and get my PPL, and I'm on a study permit for university. Please let me know!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi live4film did you ever get a proper response or start flight school? I'm in the exact same situation. I want to learn how to fly just as a hobby and get my PPL, and I'm on a study permit for university. Please let me know!
I don't see any reason that you couldn't get a private pilot licence, if you went on for a commercial licence that would mean you are training for a career. Drop by a flight school and ask.