+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHYSIOTHERAPY

Mar 12, 2020
Hello! i am from Nepal. I am a physiotherapist and i do practice my profession in India, also i am looking for further abroad opportunities. What are the chance to make it in Canada as a physical therapist and if yes which are the steps or any additional information on how would my degree gets recognized if so am i eligible to work and live there?

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You need to find your CRS score. Currently the score is around 470 & upward to get ITA. Other than this you need to search provinces extensively to find your NOC in demand and apply accordingly

Reactions: Kritika Adhikari

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello! i am from Nepal. I am a physiotherapist and i do practice my profession in India, also i am looking for further abroad opportunities. What are the chance to make it in Canada as a physical therapist and if yes which are the steps or any additional information on how would my degree gets recognized if so am i eligible to work and live there?
Have you looked to see if you qualify for immigration?

There is lots of information on how to get decertified. Would encourage you to search this forum.

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For immigration purposes, for physiotherapists, your degree needs to be evaluated by any of the recognised evaluation agencies like WES, IQAS, ICAS, BCES-IT, CES

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

If you are looking forward to practice Physiotherapy once you are in Canada. You need to get an ECA for your degree to be able to claim points for education under EE. Once you have immigrated, you need to sit for the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE) to be able to obtain a license.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a need for physiotherapists in Canada but you will have to look into whether your degree will be recognized by physiotherapy licensing organizations and what would be needed to get recertified and how long that typically takes. Would start with CRS scores. You will likely find physiotherapists on PNP skills in demand list.

jmahe

May 11, 2022
Hi Kritika,
Our clinic has hired Physiotherapy Assistants to help them get experience in a clinic while they are working on their Physiotherapy certification/bridging program. They have a great bridging program at the University of Alberta.
You can contact us if you have any questions Forward Physiotherapy Website

Jul 2, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Welcome to New Hope Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation inc.
At New Hope Physiotherapy Brampton, we aim to provide community health care through comprehensive range of services at our rehabilitation centres.

Our physiotherapist brampton and medical team provide professional assistance with clear and concise knowledge, compassion and dedication.