+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physiotherapist with job offer and LMO

serendiPT

Jun 17, 2009
Hi! I need your help. I applied for TFW visa as I do have the job offer and LMO to work as physiotherapist. CIC is asking me to submit a letter of eligibility from Canadian Physiotherapy Association. However, I cannot submit such since I still have to process for the credentialling with the Alliance. How will this affect my application? Please need advice. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

serendiPT said:
Hi! I need your help. I applied for TFW visa as I do have the job offer and LMO to work as physiotherapist. CIC is asking me to submit a letter of eligibility from Canadian Physiotherapy Association. However, I cannot submit such since I still have to process for the credentialling with the Alliance. How will this affect my application? Please need advice. Thanks
You may have difficulties if you are not accredited by CPA, no accreditation then you probably would not qualify to work as a Physio. Probably one of the criteria of the LMO is must be eligible for registration in the CPA.

PMM

PMM

serendiPT

Jun 17, 2009
Hi! Yes I know that I cannot work as physio if not accredited, but my employer says to work as assistant first until accreditation will be given. What other options then to do? Thanks

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
Hi,

The way I see it is that your Canadian accreditation authority needs to give you a letter saying that your qualifications are accepted, therefore you can proceed to work in Canada as a assistant till your actual registration takes place. This seems like common practice because a lot of the other health professions are exactly the same. Get your degree accredited, then CIC wont have a problem. Most health professionals can only register once in Canada, but, first need there accreditation done to prove they have the relevant accepted qualifications. If you haven't proved that yet I doubt CIC will accept you qualification on your word only.

Hope this helps...