+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence online Date issue

SafferEast

Jul 19, 2024
I am having an issue with my online application. I have entered the date I got PR status. I then go down the page and the next selection is to enter temporary resident status prior to obtaining PR. I obtained PR status before my work permit expired yet the odd warning I am getting states that the expiry date of my work permit cannot be after the date I obtained PR status. This seems wrong to me. Surely you are meant to obtain PR status before your work permit expires... I cannot proceed with the application while this warning message is showing. Has anyone else had the same experience and if so does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

SafferEast

Jul 19, 2024
The date I entered as the expiry date was the date listed as the expiry date on my work permit. I wonder if the date required is actually linked to when I obtained PR status (ie. The day before PR status) as that is when I effectively transitioned from temporary worker to permanent resident. If that is the case, the terminology used is a little misleading. I don't want to enter the wrong information and have it rejected but if I don't enter a date that works here (ie. the day before getting PR status), then the website will not let me progress any further in the application.

Anonymoustd

Jun 21, 2021
You have to enter the date before your PR started. The date your PR starts is the date at the back of your PR card. That’s the day your work permit status ends not the date it actually expires on the document
I am having an issue with my online application. I have entered the date I got PR status. I then go down the page and the next selection is to enter temporary resident status prior to obtaining PR. I obtained PR status before my work permit expired yet the odd warning I am getting states that the expiry date of my work permit cannot be after the date I obtained PR status. This seems wrong to me. Surely you are meant to obtain PR status before your work permit expires... I cannot proceed with the application while this warning message is showing. Has anyone else had the same experience and if so does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks.