+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos to prove relationship

meyori

Nov 6, 2014
Hi, Looks like we need to show photos to prove our relationship as a part of documents. We have been married 25 years and only photos we have are in photo albums that we have been carrying around those years. We look much younger in those photos, otherwise photos do not necessarily have date we took them. Not even sure if we can take those photos out of album, without ripping them off. Some how managed to take them out, does immigration will return those photos to us later ?We do not want to loose them. Any one knows how these situation work out ?

25 years ago, there was only film photos and we have no negative.....

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Hi!

The CIC does not give original pictures back. We can find on their website the following quote: "Do not submit originals unless otherwise stated as documents submitted will not be returned".
Try to take pictures of the pictures or scan them so that you are submitting copies, not originals. This way your albums remain intact.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
meyori said:
Hi, Looks like we need to show photos to prove our relationship as a part of documents. We have been married 25 years and only photos we have are in photo albums that we have been carrying around those years. We look much younger in those photos, otherwise photos do not necessarily have date we took them. Not even sure if we can take those photos out of album, without ripping them off. Some how managed to take them out, does immigration will return those photos to us later ?We do not want to loose them. Any one knows how these situation work out ?

25 years ago, there was only film photos and we have no negative.....
With a 25 year marriage, your burden of proof is INCREDIBLY LOW, so don't even worry about this. Submit a few of your more recent pics that aren't in albums and you'll be perfectly fine.

moolah

Dec 16, 2014
Hello, Submit by scanning them or photocopying them. If you would like to be extra careful, make sure they are 'coloured' copies as you have been married for 25 years. Along with those old photos, submit newer ones anyways. Im sure CIC would be able to tell the difference.

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
daniellanogli said:
Hi!

The CIC does not give original pictures back. We can find on their website the following quote: "Do not submit originals unless otherwise stated as documents submitted will not be returned".
Try to take pictures of the pictures or scan them so that you are submitting copies, not originals. This way your albums remain intact.
all my original photos and documents were returned to me by CIC..maybe i was just lucky. I would suggest she scans her photos too, CIC is not really strict on format as long as they are not framed but loose photos

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Hello,

25 Years of married life itself the greatest proof of continueing marriage. So you dont have to worry much about photographs. Few recent photographs. photo copy (need not be color) of wedding album should be good enough

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
With all the new apps that utilize your phone camera as a scanner, you should find it easy to scan images without even having to remove them from the album. Then either email them to yourself, or if you have a wireless printer, print the image straight from your phone.

I'm almost 7yrs of marriage, I only sent in (I think) 6 pics of us together.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be honest, I wouldn't even bother adding photos and just write up a document saying screw you! we have been together 25 years and we don't need to prove anything to do.