+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photocopies or originals?

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
I am assembling my packet to send off this week.

As far as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. goes...I'm not fully clear on whether or not I need to send them as originals or photocopies? I have originals in hand but I wasn't sure if it was necessary that I send those, or just go ahead and make photocopies...

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MonsterFX said:
I am assembling my packet to send off this week.

As far as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. goes...I'm not fully clear on whether or not I need to send them as originals or photocopies? I have originals in hand but I wasn't sure if it was necessary that I send those, or just go ahead and make photocopies...

Thanks!
Read the Appendix A checklist for the office where you are applying it states which docs have to be originals and which photocopies.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's right - you may have to search a bit, but it's there. For example, at the top of the Document Checklist (Appendix A of the Region Specific Forms) for the United States are instructions that say: "Send originals of the immigration forms (items 1 to 5 below) and police certificates. Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise." Similar instructions will be included in your own Region Specific Forms.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ghiaskhan said:
Photo copies of all documents are good enough. No origional documents should be sent they may be lost or not retrived after finalisation of your case.
Go back and read the reply by Robsluv, each area's appendix A state which originals must be submitted.

PMM

nabs

Nov 30, 2008
Hi, yeh you can send photocopies of these documents but they just require originals of police certificates and medical. i did the same and there wasnot any objection infact i just had an interview on 26 and IO has approved my application and said he will write me a letter to send my passport in for visa.
Good luck

M

med

only immigration forms and police clearances and the medical one must be originals others are just photocopies unless iinstructed otherwise;