+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Specifications for Canadian Visitor Visa

Jul 14, 2019
Hello,

I live in the USA and the passport photo that I just took is 2X2 dimensions. I was told that, this is the only format that they take here. When I go to the Canadian Visitor Visa Portal, I see that it says
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
Can anyone tell me if it is ok to use the 2X2 photo for the canadian visitor visa application ?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello,

I live in the USA and the passport photo that I just took is 2X2 dimensions. I was told that, this is the only format that they take here. When I go to the Canadian Visitor Visa Portal, I see that it says
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
Can anyone tell me if it is ok to use the 2X2 photo for the canadian visitor visa application ?
The photograph specification is there already.The answer is on the line you quoted.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/temporary-resident-visa-application-photograph-specifications.html

It also says...
  • If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.

Jul 14, 2019
Yes, the specification says at least 35 mm X 45 mm. I was trying to see if there was anyone that submitted a 2X2 and if it is ok. (Since I cant get pictures taken in that specification around the area where I live).

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Yes, the specification says at least 35 mm X 45 mm. I was trying to see if there was anyone that submitted a 2X2 and if it is ok. (Since I cant get pictures taken in that specification around the area where I live).
If you apply online you just need Adobe Photoshop to adjust the photo measurements.
For paper, ask a friend who knows Adobe Photoshop to take your photo and instruct them to make the correct measurements. Then have this photo printed for you.