+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD (Computer sc.) admission- IELTS Requirement??

romachauhan

Dec 31, 2013
Hello Friends,

I have been selected by University of Regina for a PhD (Computer Science) programme. VFS India in their document checklist have asked me to provide IELTS score. I never appeared for this exam. My previous studies bachelor's and master's all are in English.

I have provided a certificated from my present University at India stating my proficiency in English and instruction and exam in English. I have work experience of nearly eight years including software industry and academics and also have a very robust research background.

I would like to ask whether still there is any chance of my visa rejection due to IELTS?
Thank you

Jebi

Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2014
IELTS Request
waived
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
26/07/2014
Hello Friend,

I am also in the same confusion. Did u take ielts r submit any proof?

Kindly help me

thanks a lot in advance

regards
emimal

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
romachauhan said:
Hello Friends,

I have been selected by University of Regina for a PhD (Computer Science) programme. VFS India in their document checklist have asked me to provide IELTS score. I never appeared for this exam. My previous studies bachelor's and master's all are in English.

I have provided a certificated from my present University at India stating my proficiency in English and instruction and exam in English. I have work experience of nearly eight years including software industry and academics and also have a very robust research background.

I would like to ask whether still there is any chance of my visa rejection due to IELTS?
Thank you
You can apply online. IELTS is not listed as a requirments. Normally, the university is the only one asking for the IELTS for english proficiency. Hope this helps!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
romachauhan said:
Hello Friends,

Thank you
IELTS is not a requirement by CIC but is highly recommended. You can attach your English Proficiency Letter with you visa application but don't know what will be the after effects. Anyways, all the best.