+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWPP AND LMO- NEED HELP!!ASAP

lcec

Feb 4, 2010
Hello.

I have PGWP and the 3 years' work permit will expire soon next year so I will have my current employer apply for LMO for me. My NOC is B and bookkeepr. NOC 1231.

hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml
please start with three w. whole adress wasn't allowed to be in the post somehow.

According the the website above, if you are PGWP and the open work permit expires but your employer wants to offer you pemanent job offer, your employer won't be required to adviertise.

My questions are how you or your employer filled out the application?

1. On Box 37, 'Expected duration of Employment', how many years did you apply?
It is when the employer is giving the pemanent job offer so that the employer will be entiled not to show advertising effort. So it is permanent but the form asks employers to say how many years...

2. On Box 38, What was your expected start date of employement? I already was hired on Dec 1, 2010 and the 3years' open work permit expiries Jun 4, 2011. Should I say Jun 4?

3. On Box 53, Do you plan to train Canadians/permanent residents for the posion to be filled by the foriegn worker? What your employer said about it? Again, our employer is offering permanent job so honestly they don't have that intention for the position we filled in. So it is No?

4. I will have to attach job offer when applying work permit with a positive LMO. Will my job offer be permanent or temporary?

5. Have you called Service Canada and did they answered your questions re LMO? I tried before and they didn't seem to know and gave me another number which you can't talk to representatives. So I gave up. Please tell me the number you were able to talk to about these if you did. I also couldn't find number to call HRSD.

I will really appreciate if you find time to help me out here.
Thank you ALL in advance!

Lisa