+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

omosikiru

Dec 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

I was registered for 4 courses, equivalent to 12 credit units, before my arrival in Canada. I was informed this was the norm for my college to register all new student. However, due to factors beyond my control, I couldn't arrived in canada earlier to attend two of my classes. As a result, the instructors removed me from those courses and this changed my status to part-time. After consulting with the International Office, I was advised to take a course at another institution for that semester and transfer the credits to my college.

Unfortunately, I failed the course, making it ineligible for transfer. I returned to the International Office and was assured that this situation wouldn't be a problem .

However, I'm concerned because the person who provided this information is new and may not be fully aware of IRCC regulations. Could this situation affect my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) application? Thank you.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi everyone,

I was registered for 4 courses, equivalent to 12 credit units, before my arrival in Canada. I was informed this was the norm for my college to register all new student. However, due to factors beyond my control, I couldn't arrived in canada earlier to attend two of my classes. As a result, the instructors removed me from those courses and this changed my status to part-time. After consulting with the International Office, I was advised to take a course at another institution for that semester and transfer the credits to my college.

Unfortunately, I failed the course, making it ineligible for transfer. I returned to the International Office and was assured that this situation wouldn't be a problem .

However, I'm concerned because the person who provided this information is new and may not be fully aware of IRCC regulations. Could this situation affect my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) application? Thank you.
Failing a course does not change your status.

omosikiru

Dec 28, 2022
But the course wasn’t done in my college and I was told that the course can’t be transferred to my college because I failed it. I hope this won’t affect? Because that semester I took only 2 course in my college and registered 1 other in another college which I failed.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
But the course wasn’t done in my college and I was told that the course can’t be transferred to my college because I failed it. I hope this won’t affect? Because that semester I took only 2 course in my college and registered 1 other in another college which I failed.
It's called dual enrollment. Keep your transcripts and focus on finishing the degree. Cross the PGWP bridge when you get there, I don't see it being a problem.

Mecoo

Jun 1, 2024
Hello, I am applying for my PGWP and requesting my medical records since I will be working in a health care facility, meanwhile, the medical I have is the one I did in April 2023 and I am applying for PGWP this June 2024. My question is, can I still use my previous medicals or should I do a new one?