+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Good evening, Thank you for your time. I have a question about PGWP.

My situation:

I apply for PGWP and got refused on 15 DEC due to a misunderstanding in my official transcript. Later that day I using Wed Form and gave supported documents and hoping for a re-consideration. At the same time, my visa is expired 31 Dec 2020.

1) My question is what should I do? Restore my temporary resident status and try to apply pgwp again or keep waiting for the reconsideration?

2) And how long is gonna take for the re-consideration because I been waiting for over 2 weeks now?

3) And if I decide to go with the first option. Do i need to restore my status in order to apply for new PGWP? And how long it is gonna take? And can I apply both at the same time because I want to work during the waiting period.

Your response is deeply appreciated

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You should call immigration not just send the webform.

You cant work when waiting for restoration doesn't matter you apply both, you don't have implied status anymore.

Did your visa or your study permit expire? You cant apply for PGWP with no status so a restoration is necessary normally people apply for eveything in one application, look around the forum you will find how people did it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you actually call and ask for reconsideration? Sending webform and uploading documents after a refusal is not asking for reconsideration. If you were working you should have stopped on December 15. Have you been working? If so stop today. You need to restore your status to visitor, if you can. When did you graduate?

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Did you actually call and ask for reconsideration? Sending webform and uploading documents after a refusal is not asking for reconsideration. If you were working you should have stopped on December 15. Have you been working? If so stop today. You need to restore your status to visitor, if you can. When did you graduate?
I only sending the wed form and request a reconsideration. So you mean that I need to call? In that case what is the number and what should i say to the officer ? I did stop working after 15 DEC.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
You should call immigration not just send the webform.

You cant work when waiting for restoration doesn't matter you apply both, you don't have implied status anymore.

Did your visa or your study permit expire? You cant apply for PGWP with no status so a restoration is necessary normally people apply for eveything in one application, look around the forum you will find how people did it.
Thank you for your answer. Do you happen to know what is the immigration number?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Good evening, Thank you for your time. I have a question about PGWP.

My situation:

I apply for PGWP and got refused on 15 DEC due to a misunderstanding in my official transcript. Later that day I using Wed Form and gave supported documents and hoping for a re-consideration. At the same time, my visa is expired 31 Dec 2020.

1) My question is what should I do? Restore my temporary resident status and try to apply pgwp again or keep waiting for the reconsideration?

2) And how long is gonna take for the re-consideration because I been waiting for over 2 weeks now?

3) And if I decide to go with the first option. Do i need to restore my status in order to apply for new PGWP? And how long it is gonna take? And can I apply both at the same time because I want to work during the waiting period.

Your response is deeply appreciated

Did you get a reply on the webform?
You need to call IRCC asap.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

If they ask you to re-apply, restore your status as well.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I only sending the wed form and request a reconsideration. So you mean that I need to call? In that case what is the number and what should i say to the officer ? I did stop working after 15 DEC.

They might've not even noticed your webform.
You need to call soon, and see if they got the webform, or not.
And if they did, have they started the reconsideration process?

If you happen to re-apply, you need to restore+mention your refusal.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Did you get a reply on the webform?
You need to call IRCC asap.

If they ask you to re-apply, restore your status as well.
i did not get an answer from
They might've not even noticed your webform.
You need to call soon, and see if they got the webform, or not.
And if they did, have they started the reconsideration process?

If you happen to re-apply, you need to restore+mention your refusal.
i did not get a response from them or even a confirmation that they receive my wed form

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Follow the advice from @captainarabiia as you need to call and ask for reconsideration. Then resend all your documents. If you haven’t received a response to your webform then they don’t know you have asked for reconsideration. To them your file is closed. When did you graduate?

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Call them early morning on Monday.

Can you share refusal letter?
Call them early morning on Monday.

Can you share refusal letter?
Follow the advice from @captainarabiia as you need to call and ask for reconsideration. Then resend all your documents. If you haven’t received a response to your webform then they don’t know you have asked for reconsideration. To them your file is closed. When did you graduate?
i graduated 27 Aug 2020.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
i graduated 27 Aug 2020.
You still have time, I would suggest if you have issues understanding the process to deal with an agent.
Or, there are IRCC funded NGO's, like Immigrant Centers across Canada, that assist newcomers and temporary residents.

Don't lose the 180 day period, after that you can't apply for a PGWP. Unless you decide to do another program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You still have time, I would suggest if you have issues understanding the process to deal with an agent.
Or, there are IRCC funded NGO's, like Immigrant Centers across Canada, that assist newcomers and temporary residents.

Don't lose the 180 day period, after that you can't apply for a PGWP. Unless you decide to do another program.
Agree that OP needs an experienced consultant. You may have more insight but the issue is that the OP doesn’t have a valid study permit (expire after 90 days). And when PGWP was refused on the 15th didn’t restore status as a visitor. I think OP is out of status so needs to focus on this too.

Reactions: captainarabiia

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Agree that OP needs an experienced consultant. You may have more insight but the issue is that the OP doesn’t have a valid study permit (expire after 90 days). And when PGWP was refused on the 15th didn’t restore status as a visitor. I think OP is out of status so needs to focus on this too.
Yes, OP will have to Restore+Mention Rejection+Apply for PGWP again.
Unless, they took the webform and are in process of reconsideration already.

OP will have to call IRCC first thing tomorrow and act quick.