+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp with leave of absence

Andy1111

Nov 12, 2021
Hey! I am a masters student, i took a leave of absence which my university approved for a semester because of covid i had to travel back home. Am i still eligible for PGWP?

pleaseeeee help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey! I am a masters student, i took a leave of absence which my university approved for a semester because of covid i had to travel back home. Am i still eligible for PGWP?

pleaseeeee help
Tough to say. Why were you not able to study online? Did you get covid? Not sure how covid would require you to return home or stop your studies unless you got sick with covid.

euphoria123

Oct 14, 2019
Tough to say. Why were you not able to study online? Did you get covid? Not sure how covid would require you to return home or stop your studies unless you got sick with covid.
hey, I know the topic is not related but I thought I would ask you here if that’s alright. If I had a work term in Spring 2020 that was canceled and replaced by an online course due to the pandemic, am I still eligible for a pgwp?

Andy1111

Nov 12, 2021
i had to return home because they closed my residence and asked me to go back in march. In around april me and my family got covid, my mom was in hospital for a month

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018

pleaseeeee help
as long as your leave is authorized, you are eligible for PGWP as long as you didn't work during that period

Andy1111

Nov 12, 2021
as long as your leave is authorized, you are eligible for PGWP as long as you didn't work during that period
Yes it was authorized by university. It was less than 150 days and I didn’t work. Do you know anyone in same case who got it? I have been really worried

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Yes it was authorized by university. It was less than 150 days and I didn’t work. Do you know anyone in same case who got it? I have been really worried
i don't really know anyone, but the government website says you are allowed to have an authorized leave

Bhairav

Aug 20, 2020
Hey
I have one week schedule break between my winter and spring term in a April. I am planning to visit my home country.
If I will take 1-2 week extra visit along with my schedule break for example of 3 weeks total Do I need to apply for the leave of authorization to university?
I am planing to take 1 week of my winter term and one week of spring term along with my schedule 1 week.
Note: during those 2 weeks I will be giving my exams online and one class online for spring term.
Anyone here have idea please answer.
Can I go without any formal approval as I will be studying online and it's a short duration of time ?