+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP TO CLOSED WORK PERMIT( LMIA APPROVED)

aces101

Sep 15, 2024
Hello.. my PGWP will expire in 40 days.. my company the one that im working with have just receive my approve LMIA and im about to apply for a work permit inside Canada.. Because of whats happening right now im sure 40 days is not enough for me to wait for the decision for my work permit before my PGWP expires.. i dont know what my options are right now as i have a lot of questions.. should i go home before my PGWP expires and just ask my company that ill try try to apply from my home country as a TFW using the LMIA number issued to me? are LMIA's connected to me alone and they cannot give it to somebody else here in Canada once i got home to my country?

Should i still try to apply for work permit inside Canada even though i only have 40 days left on my PGWP? does anybody know if what happens if i applied for a work permit inside Canada and i eventually goes home without receiving any decision on my application?

what if i applied for a work permit now while my PGWP is still valid then once submited i will apply for a tourist visa so as not to lose status while im here in Canada.. is it even possible to wait for the decision while on tourist visa? from what i understand tourist visa applying for work permit is not already permited right now.. is it safe to say that im not covered by this because i applied for a work permit when i still had my PGWP? its like im only using tourist visa to wait for the decision of my application and not to apply.. can someone help me.. thanks..

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello.. my PGWP will expire in 40 days.. my company the one that im working with have just receive my approve LMIA and im about to apply for a work permit inside Canada.. Because of whats happening right now im sure 40 days is not enough for me to wait for the decision for my work permit before my PGWP expires.. i dont know what my options are right now as i have a lot of questions.. should i go home before my PGWP expires and just ask my company that ill try try to apply from my home country as a TFW using the LMIA number issued to me? are LMIA's connected to me alone and they cannot give it to somebody else here in Canada once i got home to my country?

Should i still try to apply for work permit inside Canada even though i only have 40 days left on my PGWP? does anybody know if what happens if i applied for a work permit inside Canada and i eventually goes home without receiving any decision on my application?

what if i applied for a work permit now while my PGWP is still valid then once submited i will apply for a tourist visa so as not to lose status while im here in Canada.. is it even possible to wait for the decision while on tourist visa? from what i understand tourist visa applying for work permit is not already permited right now.. is it safe to say that im not covered by this because i applied for a work permit when i still had my PGWP? its like im only using tourist visa to wait for the decision of my application and not to apply.. can someone help me.. thanks..
You apply before PGWP expires and continue to work on maintained status.

aces101

Sep 15, 2024
You apply before PGWP expires and continue to work on maintained status.
hi.. sorry i dont quite understand a maintained status.. is that automatically given to me when my PGWP expires while im still waiting for a decision? are they going to email me that one after i submitted my work permit application if they will see my PGWP will expire soon? cuz ive been researching on PGWP's and every turn it hits a wall.. you cant extend.. cant renew.. one time deal.. have to go home before expires.. etc..

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
hi.. sorry i dont quite understand a maintained status.. is that automatically given to me when my PGWP expires while im still waiting for a decision? are they going to email me that one after i submitted my work permit application if they will see my PGWP will expire soon? cuz ive been researching on PGWP's and every turn it hits a wall.. you cant extend.. cant renew.. one time deal.. have to go home before expires.. etc..
Till the time you apply before the expiration of PGWP, you enter maintained status.
You may or may not receive a letter confirming this but in theory you are allowed to keep working until a decision is made on your application. The issue you might face is renewing your SIN, driver's, etc and convincing your employer that you are allowed to work.

Take time to read these.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

aces101

Sep 15, 2024
Till the time you apply before the expiration of PGWP, you enter maintained status.
You may or may not receive a letter confirming this but in theory you are allowed to keep working until a decision is made on your application. The issue you might face is renewing your SIN, driver's, etc and convincing your employer that you are allowed to work.

Take time to read these.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html
Thankyou forevermore76..