+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Technicalities

dyltt

Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

I studied part time during my last semester of university at Mcgill but unfortunately did not pass one of the courses and it delayed my graduation. Because of this I had to take a supplemental exam for the course and had to take the exam in August, which gave me the official graduation date of October 29th rather than my original date which was meant to be in May.

I worked full-time in order to get some work experience during the summer period between my last semester of jan- may and my supplemental exam which took place towards the end of august, working for two months during this time.

I have now received the confirmation of my graduation which would be officially oct 29th. would working during the summer period and taking my supplemental exam affect my candidacy for a Post graduation VISA?
my transcript clearly states that I took the supplemental exam for my last semester course and my graduation approval letter clearly states that my graduation date is October 29th.

I now worry that after 4 years of working towards obtaining a pgwp I have risked not getting one due to this specific case.
Looking forward to some feedback.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
I doubt you will find case similar to yours in this forum. You have decent chance if it is treated as scheduled break . Just try to get some documentation from the University stating that the said break is schedule since you could not appear for supplementary exams due to exam schedule . Best wishes. Do write a detailed explanatory letter in the application.

Reactions: k.h.p. and dyltt

dyltt

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks so much for you reply.

This is a bit worrying as I will have to return to Canada for my graduation in a week and was planning to go to the border subsequently in order to apply for my PGWP.

I did not think that this would be such a unique case as supplemental exams and deferred exams aren't so out of the ordinary, especially at McGill at least.

In this case, I may be doing all of this in vain in the event that I am not approved.

Thank you so much for the time put into reading my case!

D

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
On closure scrutiny ...You needed to be full-time status before and after the break. So the documentation may be of no use.