+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP renewal

mnavid

Mar 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My post graduate work permit was issued till the valid date of my passport; it was issued for about 1.5 year and I am eligible for 3 years PGWP as I did masters. Now I have renewed my passport and my PGWP expires by the end of September 2017. My question is can I apply for renewal of PGWP now; which is about 8 months before it expires? I have heard that PGWP should be renewed about 3 months before it expires otherwise chances of refusal or delay in process are there. My wife is also with me on open work permit so have to apply for both of us together. Please advise. Thank You

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG :-\ My PGWP will expires in 20 days and I applied for OWP under my wife study permit application. My passport will be expired in MAR 10, 2017. :( I will renew it ASAP.

So, Do you think my application for OWP will be rejected because they'll see my passport will be expired soon?

But this is not TRV and I though I can renew my passport after I receive the OWP.

I'm screwed :-X

mnavid

Mar 19, 2016
omar_ahmed21 said:
OMG :-\ My PGWP will expires in 20 days and I applied for OWP under my wife study permit application. My passport will be expired in MAR 10, 2017. :( I will renew it ASAP.

So, Do you think my application for OWP will be rejected because they'll see my passport will be expired soon?

But this is not TRV and I though I can renew my passport after I receive the OWP.

I'm screwed :-X
Not sure but I think that work permit cannot go beyond the validity of the passport. But still not sure because I am not the expert. Waiting for experts opinions for my question also

Llllll22

Jun 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My post graduate work permit was issued till the valid date of my passport; it was issued for about 1.5 year and I am eligible for 3 years PGWP as I did masters. Now I have renewed my passport and my PGWP expires by the end of September 2017. My question is can I apply for renewal of PGWP now; which is about 8 months before it expires? I have heard that PGWP should be renewed about 3 months before it expires otherwise chances of refusal or delay in process are there. My wife is also with me on open work permit so have to apply for both of us together. Please advise. Thank You
Hi there,

I am in the same situation as you right now. Just wondering did you wait until 3 months left and then renewed you PGWP? How did you renew it? Did you do it online or at the Canada/US border? Could you please help me on this and give me some details of your PGWP renewal process?

Please and Thankssss!!!

Best Regards,

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi there,

I am in the same situation as you right now. Just wondering did you wait until 3 months left and then renewed you PGWP? How did you renew it? Did you do it online or at the Canada/US border? Could you please help me on this and give me some details of your PGWP renewal process?

Please and Thankssss!!!

Best Regards,

Hey! How did yours go? What time did you renew it and how?