+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP rejected

AJerald

Feb 3, 2019
Hi guys. I was recently rejected of my PGWP application when i did it through flagpoling.

- Graduated from Concordia University. Finance Major. Full time student.
- Mistake, applied after the 90 day period, rejected for the same reason.
- Revoked of legal status in Canada. Returned immediately to home country.
- Talked to an immigration lawyer prior to leaving asking for possible solutions.
- Decided to re-enroll into a one year accounting certificate (2 semester) provided by Concordia Uni.
- Was recently accepted, CAQ applied and approved as well.

Only step left was to apply for Study Permit through a Canadian Visa Application Centre.
That said I am trying to understand my situation as im going through the cic website regarding PGWP, before making the decision to return to Canada.

If anyone is able to help me with the following questions it would help me with my decision making immensely. Thank you so much.

I understood from multiplesources that the PGWP is a once in a lifetime opportunity and i was just wondering about my chances for a second application as the main goal is to reapply for the PGWP after the end of my course.

Will my application be considered at all?

I am at a crossroad right now, really do not want to give up on the dream to stay and work in Canada, but need to know if it is overall worth it to return.

Thank you so much again!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The once in a lifetime thing you can only participate once in the PGWP program.

Others can comment as well but Being rejected is not a participation although personally not sure you will get any credit towards a new PGWP application from your First Concordia course. It could be you might be able to claim credit based on the attendance 2 courses within 2 years rule as per section below, work permit issuance and validity, but others would need to comment on that as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html#cons7

Note keep in mind that you must declare any previous rejections should the question be asked in any future applications to immigration whether that be study permit, PGWP or PR, basically any application.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndoan95