+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP reconsidersation application.

johnny868

Apr 17, 2020
Hello all,
I've completed my studies in Canada on June 15th 2018 with a Diploma. On October 15th 2018 I applied for my PGWP and got declined. I was not aware or told by anyone that reconsideration of my application was a possibility. If I knew I would've done this ages ago. About a week about I sent in the same application from October 15th 2018 for reconsideration. Will they acknowledge my application and take it into consideration this late? I had all the correct criteria for the PGWP, well I thought I did. In the rejected application email it said,
"You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process."

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: purpose of visit"

Hope to hear advice and please don't hesitate to ask questions!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello all,
I've completed my studies in Canada on June 15th 2018 with a Diploma. On October 15th 2018 I applied for my PGWP and got declined. I was not aware or told by anyone that reconsideration of my application was a possibility. If I knew I would've done this ages ago. About a week about I sent in the same application from October 15th 2018 for reconsideration. Will they acknowledge my application and take it into consideration this late? I had all the correct criteria for the PGWP, well I thought I did. In the rejected application email it said,
"You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process."

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: purpose of visit"

1. Well the refusal is about 18 months ago, so CIC is not going to look at it. So you probably have been out of status for at least a year.
2. So what's your plan? You can't obtain a work permit without a LMIA and it appears that you don't have one.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello all,

So what have you been doing since October 2018 ?

johnny868

Apr 17, 2020
Hi

1. Well the refusal is about 18 months ago, so CIC is not going to look at it. So you probably have been out of status for at least a year.
2. So what's your plan? You can't obtain a work permit without a LMIA and it appears that you don't have one.
My plan is to come to canada to start a new life but it seems I would not be able to obtain that new life.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My plan is to come to canada to start a new life but it seems I would not be able to obtain that new life.
Unfortunately there's no chance the PGWP is going to be granted. It's simply too late for that.

However you can certainly explore other avenues for returning to Canada - like applying for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Good luck.

johnny868

Apr 17, 2020
Unfortunately there's no chance the PGWP is going to be granted. It's simply too late for that.

However you can certainly explore other avenues for returning to Canada - like applying for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Good luck.
Thanks for the response. I've messaged you privately becuase I'll like to talk to you more about this Express Entry. Hope to hear back!

johnny868

Apr 17, 2020
Also I had a family friend that was in the same situation as me, and they decided to hire a lawyer for this purpose and the lawyer was able to grant him a PGWP. He was told that its too late for the PGWP and the lawyer was able to revoke the decision. Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this where a lawyer gets involved?