+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Questions

avneet1102

Aug 30, 2024
Hi,

I am applying for PGWP, I have few questions, sorry in advance if these questions are too obvious:
  1. I completed my MEng (UBC) from Sept 2023 - Aug 2024 Am I eligible for 3 year PGWP? If so, what should I mention in 'Duration of Expected Employment' in the form?
    1. (I'm aware that in latest changes it says minimum 8 months for masters to be eligible still asking this to be sure)
    2. (Also my passport expires in Feb 2026 so even If I'm eligible for 3 year I won't get the initial work permit for full 3 year length, so what should be the 'To Date' in duration should it be the expiry date of my passport or 3 year + the date I'm submitting application)
  2. I had gotten a Co-Op Work permit but doing a Co-Op was optional towards completing my degree and I also actually did not do any Co-Op term, my questions:
    1. In the question 'provide document number of most recent record' in the form should I fill in the document number of Co-Op work permit or Student permit'?
    2. How should I mention this situation in Letter of Explanation (should i just mention that i got co-op work permit but i decided to complete my degree without doing any Co-op term since it is optional towards my degree)