+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP- questions on LMIA - applying while presently abroad

shyaman

Aug 13, 2016
[size=10pt]Good morning,

I have been in Canada last year with an International student visa and work permit. I have completed my 10 month training course in July, 2016. I would like to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit.

I was also wondering if you would help me clarify few doubts. If there is the opportunity, I will certainly be happy to write reviews about your professional consultation.

1- I understand that I do not need to have a job offer yet at the time of my application.
2- I am presently working in the U.S. with a J1 visa. Can I still apply for a PGWP or do I need to be physically present in Canada?
3- I am planning to apply because there are possibilities I might want to go back to Canada in a few months. Will I be allowed to enter Canada if my PGWP is approved but without having a job offer yet?
4- I understand that at the end of my PGWP, employers would NOT need to submit LMIA in order to hire me. Would you be able to confirm? Also, does that still apply even if I have not worked at all in Canada before my PGWP expires?

Thanks for your consultation. I very much hope to hear back from you.

[/size]