+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - On implied visitor status - status start-date and end-date

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
Hello,
I am recent graduate of an eligible program for PGWP. I applied to visitor-record and i am now on implied visitor status.

i contacted IRCC on how to apply if i am visitor and they replied that i need to apply on paper.

i am filling the form imm5710e.

Regarding : Question 7 , Status in Canada. What to put as start-date and end-date of status?. I am on implied status. i still did not received my visitor record to see the period.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi! Could you tell me what did you end up doing? I am in the sam situation right now
If it helps, my spouse is in a Similar situation. Her OWP extension is under process. She has an offer from a univ. And she is under implied status.

I consulted a good lawyer on this, Their suggestion was : Keep it serial. Get WP then apply for a new study permit. Do not seek a different status while you have an implied status. While technically it is okay BUT not all case officers in IRCC are senior enough to have seen all the nitty gritty of realities. So, keep it simple. If you absolutely have to apply, well then do apply but put web form entry / LoE in BOTH application so the case officer can (hopefully) consider them at the same time.

We are doing that only.