+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP issued only for 1 year instead of 3 years as my course was more than 2 years long. How should I go about reapplying for Work Permit

skyclear2024

Jul 2, 2024
I got my PGWP approvd in March 2024. My course was 2 years long and my colleagues who did the same course got a 3 year PGWP. I got issued only for 1 year. What is the correct steps that one can take for reapplication for consideration for 3 years work permit.

Jul 16, 2024
Hello. I have faced a similar situation. Got a one year work permit after 2 years of study. Please let me know what you are doing and have you recieved some reply?

skyclear2024

Jul 2, 2024
Hello. I have faced a similar situation. Got a one year work permit after 2 years of study. Please let me know what you are doing and have you recieved some reply?
You would have to hire an immigration lawyer and help you prepare a new work permit application which explains that you have all the needed documents and proof that you did complete a 2 years course. All the transcripts from schools and graduation letter. Make sure you are going to an immigration lawyer and not a consultant. He/She would reapply on your behalf.

skyclear2024

Jul 2, 2024
Do not delay this in any instance. Apply as quickly as you can. So that you use the entire duration of the current permit to get the issue fixed just in case IRCC gives you a negative response the first time you hear from them.

skyclear2024

Jul 2, 2024
Have you recieved your positive response? Or how far along is your reapplication? And what was your timeline?
No not yet. But as per the lawyer the usual timeline is 5 months. I have already reapplied through the lawyer and as per them this is a common occurence and they have a way of dealing with it.

Jul 16, 2024
I have already filed a reconsideration on the same application through a lawyer. It’s been 3 months since I applied. Still waiting. Keep me posted about your timeline too. Would help. Thank you so much

skyclear2024

Jul 2, 2024
Also, did the lawyer you are dealing with mention anything about if this is common and happens very often?
Yes that is what was mentioned to me. Usually it happens due to lack of clarity in your initial explanation letter and if they are unsure if your transcript is exactly stating 24 months or more. What did your lawyer tell you about your application the first time.