+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP ISSUE DATE- PLEASE HELP!!!

Fh@

Nov 11, 2022
Hello everyone,
I received ITA for cec. The issue date on my work permit is 15 July 2020. I applied for the work permit on 13 July 2020 and received confirmation of submission for 14 July 2020. I started full time work on 14 July 2020. My study permit was still valid at that time. Since the issue date is one day after my start date at work, will that cause a problem in my application? Or will it be considered work under implied status? If anyone could please help me out I wold really appreciate it. Thank you.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Unfortunately CEC only starts counting when you have a valid work permit in place. The permit takes 2 to 3 months to process and when issued will have that future date. So the 1yr requirement starts when the work permit was finally issued. Implied status allowed you to work full time but the permit was not in effect.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Unfortunately CEC only starts counting when you have a valid work permit in place. The permit takes 2 to 3 months to process and when issued will have that future date. So the 1yr requirement starts when the work permit was finally issued. Implied status allowed you to work full time but the permit was not in effect.
Untrue. Experience under implied status counts towards CEC, given OP is authorised to work off-campus with the study permit.

Reactions: cz999

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
This inf
This information is not true!!!

Reactions: cz999