+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP is taking so long

intkid

May 19, 2020
Hey,

I graduated this year from the University of Alberta as a Computer Engineering graduate. I applied for a PGWP online from Turkey on June 27th, 2021 and gave my biometrics on June 30th, 2021. It has been around 105 days. My friends who had applied from within Canada already got their PGWPs, found jobs and are working.

I know things are supposed to be slower due to COVID. However, is it supposed to take this long ? I feel like something might be wrong.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,

I graduated this year from the University of Alberta as a Computer Engineering graduate. I applied for a PGWP online from Turkey on June 27th, 2021 and gave my biometrics on June 30th, 2021. It has been around 105 days. My friends who had applied from within Canada already got their PGWPs, found jobs and are working.

I know things are supposed to be slower due to COVID. However, is it supposed to take this long ? I feel like something might be wrong.
It may be because you applied from Turkey and not from within Canada where processing times are faster. Covid is not the only reason but now IRCC has moved their priorities to Afghanistan. You can raise a webform to ask but it states what is prioritized and what is not. Work permits are not a priority at the moment.

Reactions: intkid

Adi.Era

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, I applied for PGWP on May 19, 2021
Aproved on Sep 20, 2021.
Processing time when applied was 8 weeks.
I sent emails to IRRC and Canadian embassy to ask why my aplication was delayed ( I don't know if this influenced but got aproved little bit after.)

Reactions: intkid