+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP holders new challenges Start here

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
Hi

I have heard that its mandatory to get LMIA/PNP for PGWP holders to compete for ITA

also before applying for any job, employer have to inform CIC even if you have an open work permit

is that true, something like that coming in near future?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its my advice to you buddy don't waste your time and energy after getting these kind of rumours(as i have struggled a lot for same). We are already struggling with this new system where even professional lawyers are not sured.

When it will publish somewhere on CIC website or related link then we will take action.

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
read this, a guy has posted that

II. STUDENTS WITH LMIA-EXEMPT POST-GRADUATE WORK PERMITS
The EE program is unlikely to assist Post-Graduate Employment Work Permit (PGWP) holders. These individuals will not likely have sufficient Human Capital and Transferability points to justify ITA without a LMIA. They are also unlikely to qualify for LMIAs. PGWP holders were previously eligible for LMIAs with waiver of advertising if an employer was offering permanent employment. That waiver was removed in April 2014.
The overhaul of the Foreign Worker Program in June 2014 imposed new salary requirements and a more rigorous assessment of availability of Canadian or PR applicants for advertised employment. A PGWP holder who is a recent graduate from Canadian university is unlikely to obtain an LMIA in support of a work permit or in support of a permanent offer of employment.
Page 10 Submission on
Express Entry
CIC representatives have stated clearly that there is a policy shift for foreign students graduating from Canadian postsecondary institutions. There is no longer to be a smooth passage to PR status.
In light of the fact that Canadian universities and other postgraduate institutions have aggressively recruited foreign students to Canada with the enticement of progression to PR status, we recommend that CIC clearly and promptly notify these institutions that the EE program will not support most PGWP holders and that easy progression of foreign students in Canada to PR status is no longer supported by government policy.
RECOMMENDATION:
7. That CIC clearly and promptly notify designated postsecondary institutions that the EE program will not support most PGWP holders and that easy progression of foreign students in Canada to PR status is no longer supported by government policy.

I am in the same category too

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in the same category. ok LET ME POST AND CLARIFY THIS