+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP help pls

Yjbby

Jul 3, 2020
Hi. My case is really complicated.
my study permit expired on march 31.2020
And i got my graduation letter on april 1.2020
My lawyer messed up my application. She put in a application for restoration as visitor record because i graduated after my permit expired.
I got an refusal letter on june 30 because i was never a visitor therefore my application was refused which made sense. She did not even apply for my pgwp during the time before refusal because she thinks we need the visitor record accepted first then apply for pgwp. I had no hope as its been 90 days pass my study permit expiry date. So i bought a plane back to china.(due to covid19 the earliest i got was sep.1)

and then a new policy came up that temporary residents( work, visitor, students) can apply for restoration even after 90 days passed) if we stayed in canada after jan 2020 and our permit expired more then 3 months. So our new immigration lawyer told us to give it a try so we gave him all the documents he needed for our application (transcript,grad letter, all previous study permits, 1 old passport, 1new passport, study plan, and so much more) as well as the pgwp along with the restoration
My question is, i have applied for restoration for visitor record and it was refused, can i still put a application for restoration of study permit? I heard if u applied for extension and it is refused u can apply for restoration but in my case its restoration- refused then restoration again.
is that okay?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
A previous refusal on a mistaken application shouldn't be an issue as long as you meet the other requirements to apply for a restoration of status. This is also why you shouldn't depend on a lawyer; everything you need to know and do to have a successful application the first time is available on the IRCC website for free.