+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension /restoration as a worker

muzishao

May 9, 2019
If anyone on the same boat, we can discuss here.

Hi guys,
I had PGWP before, it supposes to be 3 years, but due to my passport expiration date, it was shorter than 3 years. I renewed my passport and mailed the PGWP paper application to CPC March 2019, asking the remaining of my PGWP. But, but, but how silly I am that forgot to put handwriting signature on the paper. I called CIC, the agent told me that my application may be returned due to the missing signature. In that case, I have to apply restoration with 90 days, and the agent told that I can submit the restoration application right now, and I can still work, as technically I am under implied status, as long as the original PGWP extension is not returned to me. Now, I have questions, hope you guys have some suggestions for me.

1. In my situation, shall I apply restoration online or have to by the paper application
2. Shall i wait for the original PGWP extension that asks the remaining time?

Thank you

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

Hi guys,
I had PGWP before, it supposes to be 3 years, but due to my passport expiration date, it was shorter than 3 years. I renewed my passport and mailed the PGWP paper application to CPC March 2019, asking the remaining of my PGWP. But, but, but how silly I am that forgot to put handwriting signature on the paper. I called CIC, the agent told me that my application may be returned due to the missing signature. In that case, I have to apply restoration with 90 days, and the agent told that I can submit the restoration application right now, and I can still work, as technically I am under implied status, as long as the original PGWP extension is not returned to me. Now, I have questions, hope you guys have some suggestions for me.

1. In my situation, shall I apply restoration online or have to by the paper application

Thank you
I would advise that you call CIC to confirm the question. You can also ask them to send you a link through your email

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022

Hi guys,

Thank you
can you share your timelines..? and when is your expiry date of PGWP ..?