+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension - please advise

linayousra

Sep 28, 2024
Hi, I have a question about the PGWP extension application. I was told I had to apply for the extension on paper, and I would access the form from the IRCC website. That is what I did, however upon payment I was only given an option to pay 155$ instead of the 255$ that the paper application required. However I went through with sending the 155$ receipt in the mail to the immigration office in Alberta, and I have just received an email saying I have to fax over the correct amount. I have paid a custom amount of 255$ but on the receipt it is not linked to my application and doesn't include my UCI number, I have tried to navigate the website to correct this error but have not figured it out. Should I fax the custom amount receipt with my name along with the application I sent originally? I'm very confused and in the letter they sent they said that if it's not sent by Oct 3rd my application will be refused.
I'd also like to mention when checking my status on the IRCC portal my application says "submitted" and doesn't include the letter document I received in my email.
Please advise!