+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp Extension due to passport expiry

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
I am currently interviewing for a job. The first stage was with the HR person and he asked me what is my current status in Canada. He asked me specifically what is my current end date of my pgwp in Canada.

I could have easily just lied about it and but something in my mind said that it will backfire later on. So I explained to him that my current pgwp was valid till May 27, 2024, I was only given for 11 monthe instead of three years. But I have applied for a pgwp extension since January and I have a mail from IRCC stating that I have maintained status in Canada.

But the HR guy said that as per company policy my work permit has to be valid for at least 6months and he will have to speak to his superiors regarding this.

IRCC is about to fuckin let me miss out on this opportunity. It has been 7 months ffs.

What can I do about this to at least continue the interview process with the company and not be rejected out of hands?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I am currently interviewing for a job. The first stage was with the HR person and he asked me what is my current status in Canada. He asked me specifically what is my current end date of my pgwp in Canada.

I could have easily just lied about it and but something in my mind said that it will backfire later on. So I explained to him that my current pgwp was valid till May 27, 2024, I was only given for 11 monthe instead of three years. But I have applied for a pgwp extension since January and I have a mail from IRCC stating that I have maintained status in Canada.

But the HR guy said that as per company policy my work permit has to be valid for at least 6months and he will have to speak to his superiors regarding this.

IRCC is about to fuckin let me miss out on this opportunity. It has been 7 months ffs.

What can I do about this to at least continue the interview process with the company and not be rejected out of hands?
Find the email for CPC-Edmonton and email them explaining your situation or submit a webform. Send a few emails every couple of weeks to follow up and they might just pickup your file.

Also, it's not IRCC's fault that you decided to apply for PGWP without extending your passport first. Other alternative is to explain in details to the HR director or VP of the company. Talent Acquisition people will rarely do anything.

Reactions: rcincanada2019