+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP + EXTEND OF SPOUSAL OPW

julianacord7

Apr 30, 2024
Hello everyone!

I've been searching for a while now on how to apply for a PGWP and the process involved. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much that could help me with my questions. I'm hoping someone here can guide me. Here's my current situation:

I came to Canada as an international student in Canada with my husband (OWP holder). I am waiting for my transcripts and completion letter to apply for the PGWP. However, in order to apply for an extension of my husband's Open Work Permit, I need to provide a job offer. Unfortunately, I don't have one now, though I may get one after applying for the PGWP. So, I must apply for the PGWP first, without my husband. Here are my questions:

1. After I get my PGWP and receive an offer letter, can I apply for my husband's extension?
2. Do I need to create a new account for his extension, or can I use the same account if our applications are linked?
3. My main concern is how to link my offer letter to his application. Is there a specific question or step in the process where I need to do this at the IRCC account?

I'm planning to apply on May 10th, so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has gone through a similar situation, I would love to hear your experience too.

Thank you all for your support and help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!

I've been searching for a while now on how to apply for a PGWP and the process involved. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much that could help me with my questions. I'm hoping someone here can guide me. Here's my current situation:

I came to Canada as an international student in Canada with my husband (OWP holder). I am waiting for my transcripts and completion letter to apply for the PGWP. However, in order to apply for an extension of my husband's Open Work Permit, I need to provide a job offer. Unfortunately, I don't have one now, though I may get one after applying for the PGWP. So, I must apply for the PGWP first, without my husband. Here are my questions:

1. After I get my PGWP and receive an offer letter, can I apply for my husband's extension?
2. Do I need to create a new account for his extension, or can I use the same account if our applications are linked?
3. My main concern is how to link my offer letter to his application. Is there a specific question or step in the process where I need to do this at the IRCC account?

I'm planning to apply on May 10th, so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has gone through a similar situation, I would love to hear your experience too.

Thank you all for your support and help.
Don't apply for the OWP extension until you have started working in a job officially and can provide 2-3 pay slips.

Reactions: julianacord7

julianacord7

Apr 30, 2024
Don't apply for the OWP extension until you have started working in a job officially and can provide 2-3 pay slips.
Thank u for your answer. Can you help me with these questions:
  1. Do I need to create a new account for his extension, or can I use the same account if our applications are linked?
  2. My main concern is how to link my offer letter to his application. Is there a specific question or step in the process where I need to do this at the IRCC account?
Thank u in advance!