+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expiring in few days, can it be extended under older COVID-19 policy?

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

As the title says, my WP is expiring in a few days and due to no draws, I am looking for options to continue working. I want to know if anyone has applied for an extension under - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html - this policy and have gotten approval?

And if this is a valid thing to do considering the future of the PR application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

As the title says, my WP is expiring in a few days and due to no draws, I am looking for options to continue working. I want to know if anyone has applied for an extension under - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html - this policy and have gotten approval?

And if this is a valid thing to do considering the future of the PR application.
As stated in the link, the policy ended/closed on July 27, 2021.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As stated in the link, the policy ended/closed on July 27, 2021.
Yes, I am aware of that. I am looking for anecdotal experiences of anyone who applied to extend their expiring PGWP so that they can continue working. Thank you for your reply, kindly! :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I am aware of that. I am looking for anecdotal experiences of anyone who applied to extend their expiring PGWP so that they can continue working. Thank you for your reply, kindly! :)
One person on the forum said that he/she "heard" that people (or a person) were getting extensions but no one actually has. Now many people on the forum are saying IRCC is extending PGWPs but there is no IRCC policy nor has IRCC posted it through a media release.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
One person on the forum said that he/she "heard" that people (or a person) were getting extensions but no one actually has. Now many people on the forum are saying IRCC is extending PGWPs but there is no IRCC policy nor has IRCC posted it through a media release.
That makes sense, thanks!