+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring, do I have to stop working full-time?

D985632

Jul 19, 2022
Hi,

I was granted PGWP for 8 months due to my expiring passport. I've renewed my passport afterwards and applied for an extension in March, but I haven't heard anything back nor am I able to link my application yet.

The issue here is my PGWP will be expiring in a few days. Since I've already sent in my application for an extension, will this count as if I'm on implied status? Or should I just stop working after it expires?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I was granted PGWP for 8 months due to my expiring passport. I've renewed my passport afterwards and applied for an extension in March, but I haven't heard anything back nor am I able to link my application yet.

The issue here is my PGWP will be expiring in a few days. Since I've already sent in my application for an extension, will this count as if I'm on implied status? Or should I just stop working after it expires?
You can work in implied status until you get to know the decision.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi,

My PGWP expired due to the same reason as you. I've also applied for an extension and have continued to work even after its expiry. I was able to link my application after three weeks. Try using your different options to link your application. The one that worked for me included using the renewed passport details. If all options fail, call IRCC; they should be able to help you link the application to your GCkey account.