+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expires 2014. Need help!

subwaygal

Nov 12, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I came to Canada as an Int'l Student and graduated from University of Windsor in 2011. I had to go back to India due to personal reasons and just got back to Canada in Sept 2012. My PGWP expires in June 2014.

I am having a hard time finding a job with the required NOC 0, A or B criteria to apply under CEC. I have been thinking to go to another province (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Alberta?) to expedite my PR process and hopefully get my PR before my PGWP expires.

From what I understand, I now need to work for 1 year in Saskatchewan (regardless of any NOC category) and apply under the Skills worker category for SINP. Similarly I need to work for 6 months in Manitoba, before I apply under their PNP, right? Does the work in Mantiba have to be under NOC 0, A or B too?

I have heard that Nova Scotia requires only 3 months of work to apply under their PNP.

What do you think will be a wise decision at this point? I would highly appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
It seems like right now, Nova Scotia has a better International Graduate Stream program than SK. 3 months work experience is great provided you research what jobs in the NOC C are available or suitable with your experience.

You're right SK wants 1 year for students graduated outside of SK. Manitoba PNP does not entertain graduates from outside of SK but if you land a job theer and work for 6 months, you can be eligible. The site does not indicate how low a job can be to be eligible although they have a skilled worker category. Forget about Alberta because they want skilled in ABO categories and the job has to be related to your field of study.

These are all Provincial Nominee streams. Good luck!

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
what did you study?

subwaygal

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks Peachie for your input. Nova Scotia seems like a good option but I don't think I'd be able to land a job sitting here in Toronto.

Jagga, I studied International Relations and Development Studies, plus did added coursework in Project Management and am working towards the CAPM designation from PMI.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Right you are Subwaygal. Employers will entertain your resume if you have a NS address. Good luck with whatever you decide