+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP duration

Jan 3, 2018
Am planning to study in SENECA college for a (post baccalaureate certificate) the college says on its website its a 2 semester program (8 months) that will start in January, and am going to take a 2 months of English language at the same college starting from September first and end in October 31, and I will have (November + December) to work full time before starting my studies in January so in total it will be 10 months of of studying, my question is would the government grant me a PGWP for 10 months or 12 months? will they count November and December in my PGWP?

Thank you in advance for your help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Am planning to study in SENECA college for a (post baccalaureate certificate) the college says on its website its a 2 semester program (8 months) that will start in January, and am going to take a 2 months of English language at the same college starting from September first and end in October 31, and I will have (November + December) to work full time before starting my studies in January so in total it will be 10 months of of studying, my question is would the government grant me a PGWP for 10 months or 12 months? will they count November and December in my PGWP?

Others can comment but I'm not sure if a) your preceding English study will be counted or b) if you are entitled to work before your actual study in January starts.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

To confirm the above, the English course will not count towards your PGWP and you are NOT allowed to work before starting your actual program in January.

Reactions: zardoz

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

So, the answer is, it will be 8 months, assuming that you don't become ineligible by working illegally.