+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Details

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that after you receive your post graduate work permit, you’re not allowed to work until you get your SIN updated. Is this true?

I received my work permit today and my SIN, which was issued based on my study permit, has already expired as my study permit expired a month or so ago. Since I had applied for the PGWP before the expiry of my study permit so my status was set to an implied open work permit. Now that I have received my PGWP in mail, do I need to go take a day off of work tomorrow and get my SIN updated or can I delay it till the weekend?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that after you receive your post graduate work permit, you’re not allowed to work until you get your SIN updated. Is this true?

I received my work permit today and my SIN, which was issued based on my study permit, has already expired as my study permit expired a month or so ago. Since I had applied for the PGWP before the expiry of my study permit so my status was set to an implied open work permit. Now that I have received my PGWP in mail, do I need to go take a day off of work tomorrow and get my SIN updated or can I delay it till the weekend?

Thanks in advance.
Not true. You should update your SIN as soon as you can but you can continue working.